Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reverb 10: day 6

December 6: Make - what was the last thing you made?

I've found since dating :) I haven't had time to sew! or to read much!  but in July when Riley and Josie were at my house, Josie (the beautiful girl in the picture) asked me if I would make her a purse. Ok - this is a girl after my heart! A PURSE!!!!! As I've said before I'll go barefooted as long as I can get a new purse!!!

I let her go through all of my fabric. She picked out fabric for 4 or 5 purses! She has an eye for what goes together and an eye for embellishments. She may embellish more than I would but she is very good and she's only 8! When I asked what she wanted the purse to look like, she went to a website for young girls and found a "cartoon" purse she liked and we made a pattern. Then I started cutting out and putting this "Josie Creation" together.

About an hour and a half into the project she asked me if we could play a game. I explained we can play a game or we can make a purse. She said, "Well, I had no idea it would take you so long to make a purse!!" Loved it! Not only lessons on putting fabric together, picking our embellishments and pattern making but also a lesson on how long it actually takes to create beautiful things!

So here is our finished project:

It's hard to see but there is a "shoe button" on the camo fabric and on the flap is a button shaped like glasses! She did great on the whole project!

No comments:

Post a Comment