Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 28

December 28 Prompt: Achieve. Whats the thing you most want to achieve this year? How do you imagine you'll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then - brainstorm 10 things you can do or 10 new thoughts you can think in order to experience that feeling today.
 Take the stuff from this house -

What I will achieve this year is to combine two households. Of course I won't be doing this alone so it doesn't seem that daunting. Yet. Once it is completed, I will feel free, happy, complete, and more, much much more. 

 Combine it with the stuff in our house!

Planning a wedding is usually foremost in a bride's mind. I'm not at all worried about the wedding. It will be simple and FUN! but the combining two households.... Now that's another matter!

I'm a pro at moving. I've moved 17 times since I left home at the age of 18. One of those moves was overseas. Then back again. I can pack and sort and move with the best of them.  It's the "combining" - not just stuff but two lifetimes. Two families. That is the daunting task for me.

Randy tells the story of how great his mom always treated him and his brother. When she passed away a few years ago, she still had on her dresser a popsicle stick jewelry box he had made as a child. When I think of this story, and what it meant to him as an adult to see that box still there, still being used, it makes me sad that I've moved so often and each time have gotten rid of so many things. I am glad I've had the opportunity to live in so many different places, but sad I didn't hold onto a few more sentimental pieces. 

That story from Randy is what echos through my mind as I have been sorting and throwing away things and donating to community care.

Moving on with today's prompt. There are easily ten things for me to do in the next year. I believe I have ten new thoughts a day on how to achieve this task. But none of them can be completed today however, many can be started today.

  1. be calm
  2. sort items, clothes, stuff
  3. throw away all that isn't needed, useful, or sentimental
  4. give away to my kids, my grandkids and community care
  5. pack, pack, pack
  6. then unpack
  7. sort again! I know I will take too much
  8. find places for everything in  our home
  9. then give more away
  10. MERGE!!!
I want to achieve the merging of two families. Of all the things accumulated in  these two families. I don't want to take too much, neither do I want to take too little. I don't want to look back in a few years and be sorry that I got rid of something that I now want. I'm praying for wisdom. - daily. - hourly! And I'm so very thankful that Randy understands how I feel and is more than encouraging to "bring it all"! What a wonderful man! hmmm, I wonder if he actually knows how many books I have??  :)
- actually I'm just kidding. He knows and I am getting rid of books that I won't reread or that don't mean anything to me!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment