Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb 10: day 16

My book club. Great friends.

December 16th Prompt: Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?

In 2009 I was able to reconnect with many old friends. This meant so much to me and really helped me deal with being single. I found the old me in renewing those relationships.

In 2010 I continued the relationships that were good. We all know that sometimes we get too busy and it seems our friends - especially those that live far away are the relationships that suffer through our busyness.

I don't think there has been one friendship this year that changed my perspective on the world. However, maintaining friendships with old friends has helped me change my perspective on me. I had allowed myself to be pulled away from so many of my good friends from the past. So becoming reacquainted helped me make a conscience decision to maintain these friendships. Work a little harder at finding time to get together. I will admit that technology has helped me keep in touch. I love texting my friend from high school. I enjoy keeping up with friends on facebook. I enjoy meeting a good friend half way between her house and mine for what we call a "half way hamburger." We try to do this at least once a month.

Realizing that I NEED these girlfriends in my life has changed my perspective. I need to be able to have some "girl" talk. I need to hear the perspective of a good Christian friend.
Meeting Randy has made me very happy and very content with my life.
Having friends just adds the smile.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment