Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb 10: day 14

December 14: Appreciate. What is the one thing you have come to appreciate over the last year? How do you express gratitude for it.

Have you ever seen a picture as relaxing as this one with my grandson, Riley? He is so calm and peaceful.

I have appreciated calmness this year. A calm lifestyle, a calmness in my soul. I was ready for time of quiet, a time of calm and I have had it this year. 

I've always lived a relatively simple lifestyle. When we first moved into the house I now live in it was a work in progress. The first 8 months we lived there, we didn't have running water so now when I get into a bathtub of hot water I always say "Thank you God for hot water." I love clean sheets, so when I change my sheets and get into bed I always say "Thank you God for clean sheets." It's the small things that make me very happy, very content.

I've never liked conflict. I like peace. My personality is phlegmatic and if you've studied personalities at all you know just how serious phlegmatics are about having peace in their lives. So when I have a peaceful calm life, I'm the happiest. 

2010 has been a very nice calm year for me. God has blessed me greatly - hot water, clean sheets and with a peace that passes all understanding and I am content with my life. The peace that God has given me is within my soul whether there is conflict in my surroundings or not. This has been a great blessing. Knowing that my life can be calm and peaceful when all around me may be chaotic and out of control.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, you are wonderfully peaceful and you make me happy every time I am around you. I will be sorry when you don't live close, but then, I guess I don't see you very often now...hmmmm...I miss bookclub.

    ReplyDelete