Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb 10: day 12

Prompt: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

When I read this prompt, I thought, "you gotta be kidding me". What makes it worse is my friend Debra will write a narrative that flows with poetic words and helps you imagine a body dancing very gracefully.... :) 

I found this definition of "body integration":
"Body Integration, is a diagnostic and treatment method whereby the body is seen as a living, biological computer with numerous, complicated functions and an unfathomable data bank"

All I have to say is this: I'm 57 years old. I've had 4 babies. I'm overweight and tired most of the time! So last March with the encouragement of Randy and a wonderful gift from him, I became a member of Enid's YMCA. I spent the next 5 months going 3 times a week. Since then it's been hit or miss. However, I plan on getting through this season and in January I'm back to 3 times a week. I never felt better than when I was going 3 times a week. Although I didn't lose a lot of weight, I toned up considerably and just felt good. Not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well.

So - my living, biological, computer  will be rebooted come the first week of January. I promise!! :)


(and there is NO way I'm posting a picture of me working out - besides, I don't have one! )

No comments:

Post a Comment