Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 27

December 27 Prompt: Ordinary Joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. what was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?

One moment? WOW. I have had a year filled with moments that filled my heart with joy. So, where to begin!
 
Of course the first moment was when I  first met Randy and he sent me an incredible email. It said: 

Brenda,

2nd grade joke...

Question: What happened to the frog who broke down on the highway?

Answer: He got Toad away.

I get all my best stuff from second graders. First graders are cute but they're just not funny.

Randy



Tell me, who wouldn't fall in love with a guy that would send me this email!!  I've told him all along that when I read this email was the moment I fell in love! The year just got better from there.

I've had so many memorable - ordinary times this year. With Randy, with my kids, with my grand kids, with my friends.  For me, ordinary is the best. I don't need to be entertained , wined and dined. I just need to spend time with those I love and we don't have to be doing a thing - just being together. 

One of my favorite things I discovered with Randy this year is  "Botanica, the Wichita Gardens." I know I've mentioned these gardens before but I really did thoroughly enjoy them. -  Each time we went. 

Admiring flowers and plants - one of the most ordinary past times we have - yet because of their individuality and beauty - they become extraordinary. 

I experienced ordinary joy as I walked through this year!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment