Saturday, December 25, 2010

Reverb 10: day 25

December 25 Prompt: Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.


This prompt was a hard one for me because I do not like to have pictures taken of me. This one may not speak a thousand words, and it's not the best picture ever taken of me but the reason I like it for this prompt is because it sums up my 2010.

First of all, I've spent many hours in my car going back and forth to Wichita, to Enid, to Omaha once and to meet The Smith's to get Jack. I've gone to Weatherford to admire Jonathan's office and his house. I've gone to Kingfisher numerous times for a half way hamburger with my friend Dianne.

The main reason I like this picture is because it is me. My hair is usually messy. I wear make up but it's obvious this is the end of the day. But it's the look of contentment that makes this my pick of the year. I have weathered the storm and am enjoying the calm.

I always dislike pictures of myself. I think I look fat in them... I never look the way I picture myself in my mind! Jonathan and I have a favorite Friends episode. The friends are watching a video made in high school - when Monica was fat. Chandler says "WOW, Monica."  Monica answers "The camera puts 10 pounds on you."  Chandler's response is "How many cameras are on you?"  This is the way I feel when I have a picture taken.
I always feel as if there are many many cameras putting the weight on me.

I'm trying to accept the fact that I'm "plump" as Holly said once. I'm not in my 20's anymore! - but more than the weight or wrinkles or any other thing, I am happy with the contentment.

I used to tell my girls, when they reached junior high, if you're not beautiful on the inside, it doesn't matter what you look like on the outside. The last couple of years I've worked hard to be kind. That is a part of the contentment in the picture.

I took the picture myself on my way home from Wichita one time. No special occasion just loving my life and the people in it.

I'm content.


No comments:

Post a Comment