Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reverb 10, Day 1

My friend Debra and her daughters are participating in reverb 10 for December. http://www.reverb10.com/
I decided I would join them in this project, even though it's not about reviewing books! 

"Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. Use the end of your year as an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead."

For day 1: Describe the year 2010 in one word.
     My word for 2010 is New. I started January having been divorced for 6 months. Everything that came my way this year has been a new experience. After having been married for 37 years this was my first full year of being single again and making many new decisions. The first one I made that has really changed my life was that I realized I didn't want to spend the rest of my life alone. I had always said "If I'm ever single again, I will never remarry." I quickly learned that had been a rash statement and one made with absolutely NO experience in that particular situation. 

I also discovered many - MANY others make these same rash statements often..... but that's another story for another day!

I took my brother-in-law's advice and decided to try the online dating thing. Believe me when I say that was a NEW experience! After dates with 4 men, I decided being alone wasn't so bad  :)  and I quit. Then one Sunday evening I thought, I'm going to try this one last time... and within the week I met Randy. That was a new relationship that has given me  a new understanding of what a wonderful, blessed, and fabulous relationship should be. - and could be.

The dating life - new and scary. Making decisions on my own - new. Deciding to remarry - new.  Making plans to join 2 households - new. My 2010 has been a year of ups and downs, lots of fears, lots of new understanding of  friend's discomfort with a divorcee.... That was a hard thing to learn - but valuable. 

Most importantly, a NEW understanding of my relationship with God. An interesting year, altogether.

My word for 2011:
CONTENTMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment