Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Reverb 10: day 17

Having my calendar at hand helps me recall my year!!

Reverb December 17th:  Prompt: Lesson learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?

  
      I'm very surprised to learn that I am fun. I am funny and I can be interesting.  I had spent so many years unhappy, discontented, and I didn't have much self worth. - I'm a Christian and I know better but had never "verbalized" these feelings so didn't really understand I felt this way until I started coming out of this devastating funk.
     Now, I have fun. I like to make others laugh. I enjoy being around others. I enjoy having discussions without feeling "stupid" for thinking the way I do. Having discussions without everything being turned into a huge debate that I'm not prepared for. Believe it or not - everyone does not have to have a personal opinion about everything! Which is a very nice discovery. Then the things I actually have an opinion on really matters.

     So - the lesson I've learned is a very important one -
Everyone is special. I am special.
Everyone has something to offer. I have something to offer.
So, be kind to everyone and enjoy being you!!
 :)



No comments:

Post a Comment