Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reverb 10: day 30

December 30 Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What's the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?


Tangible AND emotional! The most wonderful gift I could have received this year came from Randy!
I was totally surprised which just made it even more special! I was thinking IF he proposed, it would be around Christmas! But he proposed on October 29th! Plus, he picked the ring out all by himself and it is just perfect for me! I told him I would marry him even without a ring but I am sure glad he chose this one.

Now, the most fun I had giving gifts was at Christmas and it was the gifts I picked for my two beautiful granddaughters. I started out at Ross Dress for Less. I found two small floral trunks there. Then I found some old hats that I had. One I had worn to church in Jamaica and the other I had gotten at an auction because I decorated my beauty shop with hats. 

After that, I made a trip to a couple of Enid's thrift stores. I found play dresses - I particularly looked for dresses that would swoosh! I found lots of necklaces and 8 pair of clip on earrings! Plus each one got a purse! I had so much fun finding dress up clothes for those two cute girls!

Josie in her gorgeous hat!
Josie all dressed up!
Ava on Christmas morning trying on her jewelry and purse! 


I enjoy getting gifts. 
I really enjoy giving gifts! 
I love giving Christmas gifts, 
birthday gifts 
and 
"nothing special, I just love you" gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment