Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb 10: day 13

December 13: Action. When it comes to aspirations its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?

I read an article years ago in Reader's Digest. It was about priorities and having time in your life for what's important. The main message of this article was that we only have time in our lives for three priorities. Anything over that is too much and makes us too busy. If you have a family, that's one priority. If you're active in your church that's another priority.  If exercise is a part of your life, that's a priority.  Any clubs? Another priority.  Hobbies are a priority. A career - a priority. 

I have kept this article in the back of my mind for years and when life begins getting to hectic, I try to look at what I'm doing and try to scale back to my three main priorities.  Also, priorities change with age, with families,  so I've learned to be flexible!  What I learned from this article is that for me to have a life that is easy for me to be comfortable with, I must make sure I don't try to cram too much into it. I don't want to get too busy doing "things" that I can't enjoy what I really want or need to be enjoying.


I've also learned in my 57 years that I must find time to be quiet. I like quietness. I don't have to be pondering important matters. I don't have to be thinking up new ideas. For me to be most content I need quiet. Time to enjoy being alive without noise, music or voices. Just quiet.


So for action this year, I have spent my time building a new relationship, in my job and the third priority fluctuates between many things. I sew, I read, I love spending time with my family and my wonderful grandkids, exercise became a part of my life this year.  I have learned not to get so involved in one activity that I can't enjoy other activities.


So, my ideas take the form of creations in sewing, in what books to read, in things to do with family, and as for one spectacular idea for me to run with - it didn't happen in 2010. However, we are coming up to a new year. For me, many new beginnings. Maybe a spectacular idea will be born and carried out in 2011!

PS I realize that I'm really stretching the "idea" behind some of the prompts in Reverb 10.. I just write about what pops into my mind when I read the prompt! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly what 'prompts' are for I think, just to make us think, wherever the thinking takes us.

    ReplyDelete