Thursday, December 23, 2010

Reverb 10: day 23

December 23 Prompt: New name. Let's meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why?

I played "pretend" a lot as a kid. I acted out books and pretended to be many people. As an adult I've had a great life. I've had the opportunity to live many different places and make wonderful friends. I've had a few bad things happen in my life but I've always known who I was - even when I was struggling with self confidence issues - I still knew who I was and what I was about.

Other than pretending as a child, I don't think I've ever really wanted to be anyone else. I like my life, I like myself. I'm "comfortable" with my own problems and am not prepared to take on someone else's name or identity which would also add their problems.  I cannot think of anyone I would want to be. - Not even for a day...

For some reason I get called Barbara a lot. I must look like a Barbara. As a teen I babysat for a little girl named Brenda. So she, her sister and brother called me by my middle name, Kaye, to keep from getting confused with two of us having the same name. 

So, other than actually changing my name this year to Cohorn :)
I will always introduce myself as Brenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment