Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 10

Taken in Branson, Missouri

December 10: What was the wisest decision you made this year and how did it play out.

This is an interesting prompt. When I found out the December of 2008 that I was going to be divorced, I made many decisions - beginning that month. So all through 2009, it was one new thing after another. I had already gone through the 5 stages of grief by then. I had been dealing with this chaotic relationship for several years and the last 3 before the divorce were the years I experienced the stages of grief. So I began 2010 with a new resolution of becoming content with my life. The turmoil was gone, the conflict was gone, the distrust and everything else that goes with a relationship gone bad was gone.

So I began 2010 knowing that I didn't want to grow old alone. Knowing that when/if I met someone to love, I wanted someone with a personal faith similar to mine, someone laid back, someone with humility, someone without arrogance. I wanted someone that enjoys the things I enjoy. I would prefer someone without a temper. I wanted a compatible companion.

I know this type of man is out there because 2 of my sisters-in-law are married to men like the one I've described here. I put my order :) before God. - After all, I reasoned, He knows so much better than me what I need. I had dated 4 men. - Everyone of them very nice. - But I knew none of them were what I was really yearning for in my heart. So I gave up.

One Sunday evening, I decided to try one last time. My brother-in-law talked me into going to Match.com. Within 2 days I read the profile of a man that interested me. I don't even remember now what it was in the profile that caught my attention but I sent him a message. He responded. What hooked me on this guy was in one of our early emails he told me a joke that a second grader had told him. - he impressed me.

All that said - we are now planning a wedding for April.

The wisest decision I've ever made was hitting on this guy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment