Tuesday, October 8, 2013

It’s Here…..


It’s that time of year. Allergy season. I’m miserable. #1 worst place to live because of 2013 fall allergies is – drum roll please -

Wichita, Kansas

You can check this information out H.E.R.E. at Live Science.  See where your city falls on this list! (OKC friends beware!!)


I’ve been working hard to stay well. Plenty of water, rest and all that stuff.

Last night I woke up with that “hot” feeling. Then I got cold. Then hot, then cold. – Not the “hot flash” hot and cold… but the fever hot and cold.


sick-person-cartoon-with-thermometer

So here I am the next day feeling miserable. And am doing all the things I’m supposed to be doing.

Getting plenty of rest.

Drinking lots of water.

Taking my allergy meds.

and my favorite – having chicken and dumplings for dinner!!


What do you do when you start feeling ill?

What’s your go-to meal that makes you feel better?


Since I’m sick, I’m not fixing the old fashioned chicken and dumplings which I LOVE. I’m using a crock pot recipe we found about a year ago – it’s easy and tastes delicious.


Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Place in your crockpot the following items:
4 Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 onion, finely chopped
Add enough water to cover.
Cover and cook 5-6 hours on high.
30 mins before serving tear up 2 (10 oz) cans of biscuit dough into mixture cover and cook until dough is cooked through.

It’s a simple recipe and even my grand kids enjoy it. A asks for it o.f.t.e.n.
Randy, A and I give it 5 stars!

This recipe was found on http://allrecipes.com/




2 comments:

  1. We are in Wisconsin and my daughter is visiting - tons of allergic reactions out of her this week! I suppose we must be high on that list too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year seems to be much worse. I am waiting for a good freeze!

      Delete