Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Lost Hymnal!

I have always enjoyed using a hymnal in my quiet times. I'm not a gifted singer. I can't carry a tune, but I love to read the hymns.  I have always had a favorite Hymnal that I have used and in the move I misplaced it. 

It could be in one of m.a.n.y. boxes... 

I may have accidentally stuck it in a box that went to Community Care... 

Or I may have put it with other items that went to other family members. 

Anyway, my lost hymnal was like the ones we used in the first church we ever worked with, in 1978!  At my "home" church, Oakwood Christian Church in Enid, Oklahoma. So I messaged one of my dear friends from my home church and asked if she remembered the name of the hymnal so I could find one on amazon. She sent one to me!!! 





My dear friend went on an adventure in the church attic to find this hymnal for me!  The only thing that would have made her gift to me better is if I could have enjoyed that adventure with her!!

3 comments:

  1. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.....(you know the tune to that one.) I know what you mean about the hymns. I have many hymnals, several from my grandmas, and I will never be able to toss them. Are you kidding? Throw away music? Music that has taken people into the presence of God over and over again? Never.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a box of old hymnals that I inherited from my Uncle. I need to dig that out!!! That is valuable stuff! I remember the book you are talking about. It was "New" for us in the 70s but wow, by today's standards... we don't use a hymnal anymore at our church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, we don't use hymnals anymore, either. I don't know of any churches that do.

      Delete