Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Photo Challenge - Day 1

Day 1: Self Portrait

Do you realize how much I hate having my picture taken?? I always see the negative...

Do you when you look at your pictures?
Do you, like me see the "too big smile"? 
The (gasp) wrinkles? 
The (bigger gasp) chubby checks?  
The (almost pass out gasp) THREE chins???
Not to mention the curly hair I was "blessed" with... 
And if one person tells me how lucky I am to have naturally curly hair 
I. WILL. SCREAM...

Then I realize - this is how everyone else sees me all the time. UGH.

Also - self portrait... Do you know how short my arms are??? I can't get the camera far enough away for a decent picture... 

Okay, I'm finished complaining - for now.

BUT... As I've preached to my daughters over and over and over... It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside - you must be pretty on the inside! and really, this is so true.

Putting all that aside, I L.O.V.E. the camera that Randy gave me for Christmas and this 30 Day Photo Challenge is a great opportunity to experiment. : )



These three pictures are viewing my curly hair!!
I took these today.

(and if your wondering how I did a self portrait from behind -
I was experimenting with the timer!)


These two I took a couple of days ago - again experimenting
but I had curled my curly hair with the curling iron
to straighten it some.
don't ask.
 

2 comments:

  1. I have always thought of you as amazingly beautiful. I feel the same way about pictures though. When did we stop believing we were lovely women? Maybe we weren't told often enough. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to teach my grands that they are beautiful - no matter what. Because, Deb, we know that if they are beautiful on the inside, they are beautiful on the outside.
      Love you, beautiful friend.

      Delete