Friday, January 11, 2013

A Glimpse of Love in Caring For My Parents

First published November, 2012

Dad hates driving to town - but he comes almost every day while Mom is in hospital.

One day, I'm fiddling with straightening up some things on her tray table.  I turn to see Dad bop her playfully on the nose with a newspaper.

The look of love in her face and in his shocks me. They have never been openly affectionate as far as I've seen.

I'm thrilled to see this glimpse of this love they have for each other.  

I feel very privileged to share this story with my brother and sister-in-law. I guess we just tend to take their faithfulness to each other for granted. After all, they are our parents - they are supposed to love each other, right?

I love them for who they are - but I wish we could have seen this affectionate love as we were growing up. 

Let your kids see you loving each other.

It's important.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment