Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WEDNESDAY WISDOM

This wisdom was in Reader's Digest YEARS ago. I cut it out and put it inside one of my cabinet doors. Then when I got ready to move, I put it in my quote book. Very wise. Good advice.

Elaine St. James: "No one can maintain more than three priorities. If you have a job you care about, that's a priority. If you have a family, that's a priority.  Which leaves one more. Maybe it's staying in shape, maybe it's volunteering at your church.
      Most people understand this intuitively. But they keep over committing themselves and over complicating their lives. So my advice is simple: figure out what your priorities are, and say no to everything else."


Elaine St. James is a best-selling author and has been acclaimed by The New York Times as the leader of the simplicity movement. She has appeared on numerous national and international television and radio programs, including The Oprah Winfrey Show and Good Morning America. She ran a successful real estate business before beginning the process of simplifying her own life in 1990. She and her husband now live in Santa Barbara, California.

Here are some of her books:

1 comment:

  1. Cindy Steele LangstonJuly 13, 2011 at 9:24 AM

    Here are some of her books:

    Did I miss the posting?????

    ReplyDelete