Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Denver 2011, Tuesday

Any time I start the morning with Andru saying, "Brenda, can I be honest with you?" I've got to wonder what the day will bring. But actually, we have had a great day!

First of all, let me show you Holly, David and Jack's house. I mentioned it yesterday, but hadn't taken a picture yet. It was built in the 1920's.


We started the morning with a great breakfast at the hotel and then went over to their house. From there, we headed to Mt. Evans. Andru has never been in the mountains so this was all new to him. It was a wonderful "ooh" and "ahh" trip. 



I was amazed all over again at the glory of God's creation. Just breathtakingly beautiful. I had the opportunity to sit in the "way back" with Jack. We had such a good conversation. My little Jack is growing up! I was very pleased with the talk we had. In this conversation, I was able to say, "Jack, you are only 15 and I doubt if you realize this, but you are so fortunate to live in this beautiful area and enjoy all it has to offer." He agreed that he probably does take this for granted. 

We went as high on the mountain as a car could go and had plans to hike up to the top, but by the time we reached this far it was raining (almost sleeting) and was COLD, so we didn't make the hike. Although we had beautiful views driving up and coming down, on the top it was cloudy and we couldn't enjoy it as much as we would have liked.



Andru and David
 Jack and Randy

I miss Jack and really enjoyed this time with him. He has gotten so tall and needs a haircut  :)  When we came down from the top, we stopped and ate lunch. This was about 1:30 and I will admit, I was ready to eat! Best hamburger I've ever had!! Outside the window of the restaurant:


Great view of the hummingbirds

 And more Colorado wildflowers.

In the 1970's and early '80's, Randy used to go to Breckenridge to ski with his family. He was interested in going there and seeing how much it's changed over the years so we drove to Breckenridge. I loved the shopping area, so quaint, so colorful. He told us about many of the changes he could see. He and I may come back and spend a weekend there sometime.

By the time we reached Denver, it was raining here and was after 6:00. Holly invited Andru to spend the night with them because they are watching the first Harry Potter movie then tomorrow night they are going to the new HP movie. Randy and I weren't hungry - still stuffed from the best hamburgers ever! - but we did want to walk some of those good burgers off and we wanted to look for some place mats. So we left those four at the house, we went to a huge - FABULOUS mall then came back to the hotel.


So, can I be honest with you?

I've had a wonderful day and
I LOVE my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment