Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Denver 2011, Wednesday

Today we started slow. Had some time to rest up then picked up Holly, David, Jack and Andru and went to downtown Denver for lunch. We ate at the Wynkoop Brewing Company. Then all but Holly headed to the Denver Zoo. What a wonderful zoo they have here. I got too hot in the reptile building (who likes reptiles anyway???)  but other than that it was a very nice day.

I thought this tiger was so funny on top of the fence that protects the tree.

I'm not sure, but I think Randy is saying,
"Woman, would you hurry up."  


Andru took this picture and I love it!!


After seeing "Mr. Popper's Penguins" last month, 
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the penguins! 
Even more than usual!


 They didn't keep these four in a cage!
They were just running free! 
Scarey, huh!



Then we met Holly and two of their friends, Rick and Linda for dinner. They always have the most interesting friends. We met at "Big Game". Then after dinner everyone but Randy and I went to the new Harry Potter movie.

Anyway, I was sitting across from Rick, with Jack and Andru to my right and Rick's left. Rick is a writer and I had such a good time listening to the conversation - and sometimes joining in - between these three guys. Andru and Jack peppered him with questions about journalism and how to make a career out of it. Randy and I both thoroughly enjoyed this conversation. We say a BIG thank you to Rick for being so patient and interested in guiding inquiring minds!!

One of the things I enjoyed most about raising my children was watching as they pursued an interest and learned what they could about it. It was so fun to watch these two young men asking questions and learning from a very kind and interesting man! I listened and learned as much as the boys did!!
 

Rick's business website:  
Rick's personal website:

"Always desire to learn something useful." Sophocles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment