Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mammy's Trip to Omaha Day 1, Monday

I'm not sure why, but I've always held a fascination for wind turbines!  I took this picture out of the window on my way to Omaha. - Yes, I did pull over first. I'm sorry that you can't see them better.
 
THEN ---- the real reason for this trip! 

I would like to introduce Alyssa Claire:
3 days old


I know, I know, there really is no need to "write" a blog 
when I have pictures like these to show!


Big sister, Ava, helping by opening all the gifts!
 
 
 
How much love can one man take!! 
Lot's if it comes from two precious girls!
 
This is one laid back, content baby!! 
What a blessing for Mom, Dad and Big Sister. 

I had a very nice trip driving to Omaha, made it in about 5 hours. I enjoy driving and often drive with no radio or noise at all. - I say that is because I spent so many years driving with 4 kids!

Once I got here, Gerry and I went to pick up Ava at school. That way I would know where to take her the next morning. We had pizza for dinner (being a farm girl I usually say supper but Ava just gets confused with Mammy's vernacular so while in Omaha - it's dinner.)  :)
 
As most know, Heather is DM with Yankee Candle Company. I love Yankee Candles. Who doesn't?  After Alyssa had a bath at the hospital, Daddy said, "Yankee Candle doesn't have anything that compares with this!"

What a joy to be able to spend time with these two granddaughters!! - but I'm missing my husband!





No comments:

Post a Comment