Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Rumblings of My Soul


Every year at this time I begin feeling a rumbling inside of me. You know, an unsettling of sorts. That yearning one feels when things aren’t the way they should be. 

It’s not caused by all the food I’ve eaten over the holidays! That’s a different sort of rumbling (I’ve experienced that, too!)

It’s not because I don’t “have” everything I need – plus much I don’t need.

It’s not because I’m not extremely happy, content, and loving my life.

No, it’s that time of year when I am thinking of the things in my life I want to change. That “resolution” time of year.

There are the small things I want to change:

I want to be on social media less and read more.

The reading – I remember a few years ago I read 400 + books in one year. – I did live by myself and I have no desire to read that many in one year but this last year I only read – well, less than 10(?) 15(?) – not even sure. But I miss it and my stacks are getting higher and higher. I need to take care of those stacks!

I want to be better at exercising.

I have done better at exercising than I did a year ago. But not where I need to be.

I want to learn to eat better – healthier.

This is not just for me but for all of my household. I was raised on farm cooking and unfortunately it’s the food that’s less healthy that I love! You know, battered and fried – with the most important food group – GRAVY…. Things must change.

I want to be more consistent with blogging and not so hit and miss.

Just a few of the things on the top of my mind today. Give me a few days and I’ll just keep adding to this list of things that are giving me that unsettling feeling. Things I need to change.

Then there are the B.I.G. things. Ahh. These are the things that add the rumblings to the unsettled feelings inside. – Not in my stomach but in my heart, in my soul.

I want to be a better person.

I want to love more.

I want to talk about Jesus more and the non-essentials less.

I want to be able to express what’s on my heart better.

I want to study the Bible the way I used to – when I taught a Bible Study.

I want to be the woman God needs me to be.




2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Brenda! So many admirable resolutions : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Jodi! Have enjoyed your pictures of your family. I'm not sure these are resolutions as much as areas I'd like to improve! But at least I've written them down and keep them in my mind!

    ReplyDelete