Saturday, December 14, 2013

Blue Ribbon Sugar Cookies


DSCN4711
      I love sugar cookies. I don’t like icing on mine because that makes them too sweet for me so I just sprinkle them with sugar.

     When I was in 9th grade I entered sugar cookies in the Major County Fair and won a blue ribbon. I have used the same recipe ever since.

This week I made 3 batches because I needed 4 dozen for an event at church and I need some for a dinner we were going attending. – and of course we needed some for here!

Sugar Cookies

Mix thoroughly:

3/4 cup shortening (can use part butter or margarine)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla


Blend in:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt


Cover and chill at least 1 hour.  Heat oven to 400.
Roll out on lightly floured board, cut into desired shapes.

Place on ungreased baking sheet.
Sprinkle with sugar.

bake 6-8 minutes or until very light brown.


I roll mine pretty thick. – because we like soft sugar cookies. For crisper cookies roll thinner and cook a little longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment