Thursday, January 2, 2014

Stressed

Stress.  All the feelings, aches - heartaches that come with that one word. 

Stress.

Everyone experiences it at one time or another. Christians are not immune to stress. Lives may seem perfect - but then stress shows up, knocking at the door. It seems as if the holidays can really bring on added stress. How does one deal with this everyday occurrence? Or maybe it only knocks for you once in a while - but still, how does one deal with it?

God's word shows us that stress was as common for King David and for many others as it is for us today. Because of that God addressed it through the Old Testament and Jesus addressed it while He lived on earth.


Psalm 42:11
     Why are you downcast, O my soul"
         Why so disturbed in me?
      Put your hope in God,
         for I will yet praise Him,
         my Savior and my God.

Matthew 11: 28-30
     Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Psalm 55: 22
     Cast your cares on the Lord
          and he will sustain you;
          he will never let the righteous fall.

Exodus 33:14
     The Lord replied, " My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

John 14:27
     Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Psalm 42:11
     Why are you downcast, O my soul?
          Why so disturbed within me?
     Put your hope in God,
          for I will yet praise Him,
          my Savior and my God.

Sometimes when stress hits, I just remember that God says to me, "Be still. Know that I am God."  I say this quietly - slowly, and  I realize He is with me. He is  in control. My life is not about "me." It's about what I can do for Him. - He will always help me through the troubled times - the stressful times. I will glorify Him.

I am always uplifted by praying scripture. When times are stressful, I don't always know what to say to Him. But I can always use His Word to pray.

"Lord, I am so downcast. I am disturbed. I am stressed. But even so, I trust in You and I praise you in all things, You are my Savior and my God.
I am weary of this burden. Of this stress. I am trusting You for rest. For spiritual, emotional and physical rest. I know You will ease this stress I am feeling.
I trust you with everything in my life and I know You will not let me fall. You give me a peace that passes all understanding. So different than what the world offers. Thank you for this peace and help me to not be afraid or troubled anymore.
I will continue to praise you - Lord thank you for taking these feelings of stress and giving me Your peace. Thank you for answering my pleas. I praise Your Holy Name. I love you. I pray all this in Jesus name.  Amen"

 God is so much more than we can ever comprehend in this life. But He is also faithful to us and keeps His promises to us.

I am trusting that any time I feel stress, God will give me His peace. 

  
        

          
      

No comments:

Post a Comment