Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas Visit to the Farm


I try to make a trip to the farm every other week. With the holidays it’s not been every other Wednesday but I’ve made it out there anyway.

I had planned on going out the Monday before Christmas day but the weather played havoc with that plan. The grands were going to come visit us the Saturday after Christmas Day so we just postponed our trip until then and on our way back to Kansas picked up the grands to come for a week. Good times!!

My Mom and Dad were excited that Jonathan was able to come with us and we were able to get a few pictures.

We had a good meal and a good visit and since it was Saturday, we missed Gunsmoke but did get to watch  The Virginian.  (for those of you reading my blog for the first time – when I go to the farm we always watch Gunsmoke!)

We took ham, scalloped potatoes, peppernuts and chex mix! So they decided they had enough leftovers to last a LONG time! - Oh, and I threw in a bag of beans for the ham bone!

Dad, Me Mom, Randy 2013 (1)

Dad, me, Mom, Jay (1)

I never really believed I would reach the age of caring for my parent’s. Not sure what I thought would happen. But here we are, so far they care for themselves – not the way I would like but the way they choose. It’s such a pull on ones heart to watch as the parent’s become more feeble. I am just so very thankful for the time I have with them. So many of my friends have lost parent’s. My husband’s parent’s have died. I really am very fortunate - very blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment