Randy and I each gave this recipe 4 stars.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound whole-grain penne
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with the olive oil, then spread them out on the baking sheet
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder and bake just until fork-tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the penne according to package directions. Drain.
- Place 1/2 cup of the roasted vegetables and the wine or stock in a a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Place the puree in a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the pasta and cook, stirring, just until heated through.
- Serve the pasta and sauce topped with the roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
We liked it – next time I may puree more of the vegetables for the sauce. We also thought it might be good to switch the butternut squash with tomatoes.