Monday, February 24, 2014

My Thoughts From the Sermon Series “The Beatitudes”

The Beatitudes Matthew 5  3-12 (1)
I love the Beatitudes. I’ve been a Christian for years… And ever since I was old enough to understand, I have loved this passage of scripture. I have many notes on these verses. So when PB (Pastor Brad) started his sermon series on this passage, I was more than excited and started praying immediately that I would learn something new.

God did not disappoint. Every week He has taught me something new, and/or reiterated something I had forgotten. (did I choose to forget because it was convicting?) Hmmm.

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”

Do I have a humble and honest opinion of myself? Being poor in spirit is just that. Being honest about my thoughts, my feelings, who I am, how I act, how I respond to others… – how I recognize and face my sins.

All aspects of my life. Do I honestly evaluate who I am in Christ? Do I use the plumb line of His life to look at myself?

If I’m honest here Smile I have to say no. I look at what I want me to be more often than who I really am.

God was convicting on this Beatitude!

Thank you, PB. (I think!!)

(these are my thoughts concerning this passage of Scripture and not all are from PB)


No comments:

Post a Comment