Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday Wisdom

Wisdom...  Having children can prove to you how much wisdom you DON'T have..

This morning I was thinking of quotes about parenting. I found more quotes than there are kids!! Let me post a few for our Wednesday Wisdom.

There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.  ~Chinese Proverb


Never raise your hand to your kids.  It leaves your groin unprotected.  ~Red Buttons


Smack your child every day.  If you don't know why - he does.  ~Joey Adams
When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen.  When they're finished, I climb out.  ~Erma Bombeck


I love to play hide and seek with my kid, but some days my goal is to find a hiding place where he can't find me until after high school.  ~Author Unknown

Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs.  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell, the name will carry.  ~Bill Cosby

Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age.  ~William Feather, The Business of Life, 1949


Parents are not interested in justice; they are interested in quiet.  ~Bill Cosby


Your responsibility as a parent is not as great as you might imagine.  You need not supply the world with the next conqueror of disease or major motion-picture star.  If your child simply grows up to be someone who does not use the word "collectible" as a noun, you can consider yourself an unqualified success.  ~Fran Lebowitz, "Parental Guidance," Social Studies, 1981
 

Obviously this is a subject that could go on and on but for today I will stop with these. There are many many serious quotes and Scriptures on parenting are numerous but today I was aiming for a smile!  : )

Parenting is the most painful experience a person can have - and I'm not talking about the birth process. It is also the most rewarding experience. Better than any award, accolade, career, - anything. But it is not without pain, tears, heartache and irritation!!

We start the process without a license or without a test to see if we  are qualified. We learn as we go. With the grace of God we succeed.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I think there should be a little computer chip that has all the wisdom ever learned about parenting ad dealing with children and this chip should be implanted in the brain of the parent IN THE HOSPITAL just before the birth of the child. That way we would immediately know what is the best thing to do in all circumstances and not have to always feel like we are re inventing the wheel. What do you think? Also, along those lines, sort of, I think we should have a chip implanted in our forearm that contains all of our medical history. When we walk in the door of a clinic, doctor's office or hospital they would simply scan the arm and have the whole story on us. No one listens to me though. I suppose we will have to start with the card that we will swipe into the card reader but I know that eventually we will get to the imbedded chip. Mark my words.

    ReplyDelete