Monday, July 30, 2012

The Great Cook Off - Baked Pesto Chicken


The above link is the blog that first posted this recipe. Her recipe is more exact than mine.

Baked Pesto Chicken is another recipe I've pinned on pinterest. We tried it this weekend and had a great meal!!

It was easy to prepare and every one liked it. The scores ranged from 3's to 5's. I served this with penne pasta.

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to season chicken ( I inadvertently left this step out)
1/2 cup basil pesto ( I just used a small jar and didn't measure - used it all)
2 oz grated mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Cut the chicken breasts into smaller pieces.
Spray 9X13 baking dish with non-stick spray, then spread basil pesto over the bottom of the dish - just enough to cover. Lay chicken strips over the pesto, then pour rest of small jar over the top.

Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake the chicken for 25 - 30 minutes.

Then remove foil and sprinkle chicken with grated cheese - I think I probably used about a cup instead of the 1/2 cup called for. (this recipe serves 4 and I was serving 5 so I was very generous with my measurements)

Put back into oven without foil and cook 5 more minutes just until cheese is melted. Then broil for about 5 minutes to brown the cheese.

Serve hot. I served over the penne pasta.

It seems to be a very rich dish so I do suggest serving with pasta, rice or something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment