Friday, July 27, 2012

The Great Cook Off - Salisbury Steak




Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak

I like Slow Cooker recipes so this one was right down my alley!! We had it last evening.

Ingredients:
     2 lbs lean ground beef 
     1 (1 oz) envelope dry onion soup mix
     1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
     1/4 cup milk
     1/4 cup all-purpose flour
     2 tablespoons vegetable oil
     2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
     1 (1 oz) packet dry au jus mix
     3/4 cup water

Directions:
     1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 patties.

     2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the patties in flour just to coat, and quickly brown on both sides in the hot skillet.  Place browned patties into the slow cooker stacking alternately like a pyramid.  In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, au jus mix and water. Pour over the meat.  Cook on the low setting for 4 or 5 hours, until ground beef is well done.

(this recipe is from allrecipes.com)

I made the patties and put into the slow cooker the night before. The next day, I browned them and added all ingredients to the cooker and cooked for about 4.5 hours. It was a very easy meal to prepare! Has great leftovers! 

Very Good, Easy meal.
I highly recommend this recipe.

There were 2 adults, 2 boys - 14 and 12, and a 10 year old girl. We had 3 patties left. One is plenty per person. I served with mashed potatoes and green beans. The "gravy" from the salisbury steaks was delicious on the mashed potatoes.

I'm going to fix this complete recipe, divide it into 4 containers and take to my Mom and Dad for them to freeze. 

This meal got four 5's and one 4. 
(the 4 was from me)

I try to use as little salt as possible when cooking and I never add salt to my food. I thought this recipe tasted salty. No one else noticed the salty taste so it was probably just me.


No comments:

Post a Comment