I pinned this on pinterest from www.yummly.com
Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella on Toast
1/2 baguette (french, sliced)
2 sliced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. To prepare, slice tomatoes and french bread.
2. Toast the slices of french bread in the toaster.
3. Place the toasted french bread pieces on aluminum foil or baking pan.
4. Put one layer of tomato slices on each piece of french bread.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of each piece.
6. Bake in toaster oven until cheese is melted.
7. Take out of oven and drizzle a small amount of olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top.
8. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste on top.
I really enjoyed this for lunch. I didn't add salt but did add a touch of garlic powder. I don't have a toaster oven so put mine under the broiler in the oven. The recipe doesn't call for onion but it shows in the picture so I will add a bit of sliced onion next time.
The boys wouldn't try it. Randy and Josie gave it 2's and I gave it a 4.
Quick and easy lunch - great for using fresh tomatoes.