Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Meal 8 - Slow Cooker Cooking

Last week we were going to meet with a group of friends that try to meet once a month. I found a recipe for Chili Cheese Dip as we were to each bring snacks.

The evening was canceled due to the host's Father having emergency surgery that day. I had already purchased the stuff for the dip so we invited some friends over.

It looked horrible but tasted great!!

Chili Cheese Dip

1 lb lean ground beef
1 lg jar (16 oz) picante sauce, mild
2 cans (15 oz each) refried beans
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
Jalapenos or mild chile peppers, chopped 

Cook ground beef with onion, mix everything in slow cooker or crockpot and cook on low about 3 to 4 hours. Serve with favorite vegetables or chips.

I didn't add the Jalapenos, but had them in a bowl on the side.
I served with tortilla chips.

What was left over I served for lunch on tortilla chips with lettuce, chopped onion, tomato, sour cream and picante sauce.  Randy and I really liked it this way.

Forgot to get ratings from friends.

I would give it a 3 or 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment