Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Meal 5 - Slow Cooker Cooking


Meal 5 was probably my favorite so far. However, I didn't think it was going to be! 

Randy had been saying he was hungry for Chicken and Dumplings. He wondered if there was a slow cooker recipe for this comfort food. So I looked and came up with another great recipe from http://allrecipes.com/. You can find the recipe HERE.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I cut these up in bite-size pieces)
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
onion (to taste) finely diced
2 (10 oz) packages refrigerated biscuit dough torn into pieces.
   (I didn't have the 10 oz size I had the bigger size so only used 1 and cut into fourths with my kitchen shears.)

1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. (it will be bubbly) About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center. (my larger biscuits took a little longer than 30 minutes.)

I was very surprised at how good this recipe is. I would never have tried it if I weren't in this 31 day challenge. I'm usually not a fan of cream of chicken soup but this recipe wonderful!!

Randy
*****
Brenda
***** 
Andru
*****
As you can see, this recipe of Chicken and Dumplings was very popular in the 
Cohorn household!!
Hope you try them, Hope you enjoy them. 
 
 
 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment