Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Meal 3 - Slow Cooker Cooking

Meal 3 was a hit. This recipe came from http://www.cooks.com

It wasn't actually a slow cooker meal so I changed it up a bit. This is how I did it:

Taco Soup

1 lb lean ground beef 
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg taco seasonings
1 pkg dry Ranch seasonings
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can rotel tomatoes, undrained
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can whole kernal corn

I added 2 1/2 cup water

Brown meat and onion with 1 1/2 cup water on stove.
I use the leanest meat I can get then I always brown my ground beef with water for soups and chili's because it gives it the consistency I like.

When browned, dump into slow cooker.

Add seasonings envelopes.
Drain beans and corn and add to meat along with both cans of tomatoes and rotel tomatoes.

Cook in slow cooker on low for 4 - 6 hours.

Serve with sour cream, grated cheese and tortilla chips.

 Everyone really liked it. Michael (Andru's friend) joined us for dinner and Andru informed him that we "have to" rate our meals!!
You know I use the 1 to 5 rating with 5 being the best.

Randy gave it 5 stars.
I gave it 5 stars.
Andru gave it 3 - 4 stars.
Michael gave it 6 stars!!! (he REALLY liked it!)

As you can tell from the recipe - it made  a very large pot. So I'm going to freeze some for later. - that's the plan anyway! Randy says he wants the rest tomorrow so it may not make it to the freezer!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment