Monday, November 11, 2013

Let’s Do Church


CRFBCHeader


Yesterday morning when I walked out of our church building, I looked around and felt revived. You know, that clean feeling that you get once in a while? That was it.

Everything around me looked as if it had been rinsed clean – like it often does when we have a rain shower and all the dust is removed from everything. – the trees, flowers – even the air. We especially notice this rinsing in farming areas when farmers are working up their ground and the dust hangs heavy in the air. Then God sends a rain shower and all of that dust settles and the sky looks bluer, trees look greener – well, you get the picture of what I’m saying, right?

That’s the way I felt yesterday.

I left knowing the Holy Spirit had been in that place and He moved, He spoke, He revived.

The singing worship time had been anointed. The music spoke to me, the prayer time moved me, the sermon challenged and convicted me. The bursting into a capella singing during the sermon was uplifting.

- and all of those feelings have to do with me. With the way God touched me during this service.

So, what do I do with that? Go into my week feeling good about “doing church”? – letting it wear off by Wednesday? – Thursday?  Because it will you know. The feelings we have when we have finished “doing church” go away….

Unless…

Unless we go into Monday, praising, worshiping, praying, listening, reading God’s Word, being still, every thing I experienced in our church service Sunday morning – I should experience every day. Doing Church does me no good unless I’m willing to BE the CHURCH throughout the week. When things feel good. When things feel bad.

Our feelings are going to fluctuate like a roller coaster throughout the days. BUT feelings are just that. Feelings.

Doing Church is what revives me on Sundays. But unless I “Be the Church” the rest of the time – it’s just becomes a feel good day.  Boyce bringing us into the presence of God when we sing, when we pray. Brad bringing us to the foot of the cross when he breaks open God’s Word and exhorts, builds up, teaches and holds us accountable. Those actions just become habit – same-o same-o. We do church – half-heartedly many times.

But then – my responsibility is to BE the Church the rest of the time. That is what I want to do. That is what I’ve been challenged to do. That is what I strive to do every day.

Being the church is what brings those feelings up a level into a lifestyle. THAT’S IT. THAT’S WHAT I WANT… I want the lifestyle of “Be the Church!”

I can do that!

BE the CHURCH. Pray - daily, read God’s Word – daily, praise Him – daily, worship Him – daily. Let every single person that sees me – see Him in me. WORK at it. Let it happen.


I CAN BE THE CHURCH.

Daily. 




2 comments: