Thursday, November 21, 2013

Getting to Know Me: A Kansas Women Bloggers Link-Up




I was so excited to find Kansas Women Bloggers and I am also excited for an opportunity to get better acquainted other bloggers living in the same area. I am hoping the next step in our sorority is an opportunity to actually get together! Then- dream big - a Kansas Blog Conference!!! : )

Erin, I'm not in my pajamas BUT I am bundled up, in my comfy chair, watching the cold wind blow past my window!!

These are the questions we've been asked to answer:

1. If you make money with your blog, how do you do it?

I don't make money with my blog. I have often thought about it and wouldn't mind making money this way but I'm not really sure how to go about it. Would love any advise or recommendations on this!

2. How do you increase your blog readership?

I use social media - Face Book, Twitter and email to let friends and family know when I make a new post. As I mentioned earlier, I was so excited to find Kansas Women Bloggers and have met several others that I now follow and I'm hoping I will gain some new followers through them. I joined The Ultimate Blog Challenge in October and met many more bloggers through this challenge. I also hand out business cards with my blog info on them. - I leave these on restaurant tables and anyplace I can think of. My husband designed some gorgeous book marks with my blog information on them and when we sell books on amazon.com (which I tell about on my "about me" page here on my blog) I put one in the package.

3. If you aren't originally from Kansas, what brought you here?

I was born in Medicine Lodge, Kansas but moved away when I was 5 months old. I moved back to Kansas in the '80's for 6 years then moved away a.g.a.i.n. THEN, moved back to Kansas in 2011 when I married the love of my life  - at the age of 58!!

4. If you are from Kansas, have you ever lived elsewhere?

Yes! I have lived in Kansas, Oklahoma, Indiana and Kingston, Jamaica. We were in the ministry and moved several times. There are many things I love about every place I've lived. - also, a few I didn't like. I've mostly lived in parsonages and my very favorite parsonage was a bungalow in Columbus, Indiana. The largest house I lived in was in Kingston. - Which was good because we hosted many Mission Teams and often had the house full of teens, sponsors - all wonderful people. Such good times - and rewarding.

5. If someone were to hand you $10,000 (no strings attached) what would you do with it?

The husband and I are retired. I would give a portion to our church and to another church that has grown close to my heart. The rest I would put in savings to help pay my insurance costs and I know we will need to replace a vehicle in the next year and we strive to live without debt - so this would help with that.  Now, if I'm really going to be honest here - I may sneak out about $??? and buy a certain coach purse that I love! 

6. Who was the first blogger you ever really followed?

I started blogging about the same time a friend of mine from my book club did. I immediately started following her. Debra Blakley from Oklahoma at Prairie Songs.

7. What's your favorite pair of shoes?

I have always said that I would go barefoot if it meant I could buy a new purse! But I do have a favorite pair of shoes! I discovered them on a "girls weekend" a few weeks ago. Most comfortable shoes I have ever worn! We walked on concrete for 8 hours one day and 6 hours the next day - I had NO tired legs or feet. LOVE them and am considering buying in more colors. 

Skechers Go Walk

Thank you for taking the time to read my "getting to know me" post. Thank you so much Kansas Women Bloggers for this Link-up! Please leave a comment and tell me about you!



1 comment:

  1. Brenda, I'm so glad you joined in the link party! I enjoy your blog and your sunny disposition : )

    ReplyDelete