Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Castle!

Once upon a time, when Andru was a little boy, he told all his classmates that he lived in a Castle! So, we call our home on Harvest Court "The Castle." Which of course makes Randy a King and me the Queen!! :)  - and I call Andru a prince (some of the time!).

I've lived in lots of houses. Well, actually, I've lived in 14 houses since I was 19. That's not counting the 2 times we lived with parents in between churches (jobs). I've never "hated" any house I've lived in. I have always assumed you can make any house a home. My favorites were the 2 bungalow's we lived in. I just like that style. 

Now, I live in a castle! :)

10 things I love about our castle:
  1. The windows, I love to see out and have the light come in
  2. The beautiful deck looking out over the pond
  3. The space in the house - especially the storage space
  4. My bath tub :)
  5. Our bedroom
  6. The 3 rooms upstairs that I decorated
  7. The dishwasher
  8. I have a sewing room AND a room for our books we sell
  9. The gorgeous yard
  10. Central heat and air
BUT... even with all of that and more - The reason I really love the castle is because the King lives here!

(I know, this post is corny but sometimes you just have to let the corn out!!)

    2 comments:

    1. Cindy Steele LangstonAugust 3, 2011 at 9:55 AM

      I am looking forward to someday purchasing a "castle" again and getting to unpack my boxes that are sitting in the garage and have been since I moved to Amarillo in '06.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am so happy that you now live in such a beautiful home and that you have ample storage space for all your things. But I agree with you, I am most happy that you are wrapped in the arms and held in the heart of a man who adores you. Blessings galore!!

      ReplyDelete