Tuesday, August 16, 2011

For all my Okie Peeps!!!!


Most of my friends will recognize this as my car. It's a 2006 Toyota Corolla. I bought it new. It has been a great car for me. I usually wouldn't have purchased a "new" car but I knew that I wanted something dependable.  

Today Andru went to a "back to school" movie with one of his friends. So Randy and I ran a few errands and went to Gramma's Quilt Shop. (We tried to find another one, too, but apparently it has closed.) On our way back across town, we stopped at Hobby Lobby to look for an item I needed for my project. When we walked back out to the car, it wouldn't start! My dependable Toyota wouldn't start!!!  My wonderful husband called AAA and after waiting awhile - at Nu Way!!! (where they serve the BEST root beer in town) the AAA guy showed up.

It was a dead battery. No big deal. He was able to diagnose it and put in a new battery. If you don't use AAA - you should. I was verrrry impressed.

ANYWAY - the young man was very nice, chatted with us in the 108 degree temps while working on my dependable car.  

While looking at it, he said, "you must be from Oklahoma." We just laughed, "Yes, I was."  


He could tell by the red dirt under the hood where that dependable car was from!!!!

OKLAHOMA!!


1 comment:

  1. Yep, it gives us away all the time. When I go to STL to visit Audra people always comment on the red dirt in the street where I park. Glad your car is still with you. I was afraid you were going to say someone had smacked into it while you were in the Hob Lob. Take care!

    ReplyDelete