Monday, November 17, 2014

Bible Journaling

I’ve discovered something new. Well, new to me! Bible Journaling. I’ve kept journals for years but this is something different. Let me show you - Bible Journaling Pinterest Board

Discovering "Take Me Deeper 2015" was the beginning of my research into Bible Journaling and Digital Faith Art. I’m intrigued and jumped in with both feet. I would love for you to join me on this 2015 challenge of letting God take us deeper into a relationship with Him.

Check out His Kingdom Come website. This is the birthplace of “Take Me Deeper 2015.”

I also discovered you can even buy a “Bible Journal” Bible! It has wider margins for your “journaling.”

Journaling Bible ESV


I did begin in a regular journal and decided I would take the advice of several other bloggers and sketch out my journaling on paper before I transfer it to my Bible. The really serious journalist’s draw on tracing paper and put that over their Bible pages.


20141114_150900

This is my first attempt at Bible Journaling, using Psalm 61:2
“From the end of the earth I will cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.”  KJV
What I have discovered in this process is that this verse is ingrained in my mind – much more than when I just memorized it.

I would love to have you join me with “Take Me Deeper 2015.”

I would also love to hear from you –
  • Is Bible Journaling something you do?
  • To what extent do you do it?
  • Tell me about your experience with Bible Journaling.
  • Share some of your pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment