Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Last Week Before My Birthday!

After being married for about 6 years, we had been attending Oakwood Christian Church and we moved to Oklahoma City to attend Midwest Christian College! I thoroughly enjoyed those 4 years. I loved working with college age young adults. We had 3 kids at the time and they really enjoyed living on campus, too. We made some great friends at MCC.

Our first ministry was in Columbus, Indiana. I loved Columbus! I loved the parsonage  we lived in! Best house ever!  We lived close to Brown County State Park and Nashville, Indiana. Some of my favorite places to visit. Jonathan is named after two of our very dear friends from Newhope Christian Church!

From Indiana we served a Church in Wichita. I met some of my best friends while living in Wichita.  Not all of them are still in Wichita but we keep in touch and I'm truly blessed by having them in my life. I'm really excited about moving there again and being able to spend time with  old friends and making new friends. While at Glenn Park Christian Church we met Errol and Carmen Bolt from Jamaica. Many of my best memories in ministry were made while hosting Errol in our home. Then we had the tremendous privilege of moving to Jamaica and working with him and his beautiful family at Pennwood Church of Christ. 

From Kingston, Jamaica our ministry took us to Beaver, Oklahoma and from there to Ringwood, OK. Here we worked with the most wonderful group of people at the First Presbyterian Church! Love those people!

Now here I am, getting ready to have my 58th birthday and changing my life completely  - except for the one constant that has been with me from the beginning of this roller coaster ride called life - 

My relationship with God. 

He has stood constant - even when I was a mess.

I am a truly blessed woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment