Monday, January 17, 2011

Birthday Month Week 3

My childhood was good! My high school years were good!  I got married  at 19 and we had 4 WONDERFUL children!


I counted up the other day and I've moved 17 times since I left home at the age of 18! I feel like I have moving down to a fine art! One of those times was to Jamaica and then back again. That was probably my most organized moved. I've thought of starting my own business - packing up people's houses!

Heather was born in Edmond, Holly and Tim were born in Enid and Jonathan was born in Wichita! What an exciting time it was with young children around! I thoroughly enjoyed being a stay at home Mom. I realize that it's hard in today's economy for Mom's to stay at home but I am so thankful that I was able to do that.

For many years I wanted to be a teacher but economics and other reason's kept me from becoming one. However, I have had the opportunity of teaching Bible Studies over the  years. - And am hoping to again in the near future.

I went to High School at Oklahoma Bible Academy and I attended Midwest Christian College - just taking a few classes. Mostly Mission classes and Family Ministry classes.

I had the opportunity to attend CLASS - Christian Leaders And Speakers Seminars by Florence Littauer while living in Wichita.

Then when we lived in Beaver, Oklahoma, I had the opportunity to take Precept on Precept Inductive Bible Study training with Kay Arthur.

Both have given me a thirst for learning more and gave me an even stronger love of teaching. 

We have always worked in the Independent Christian Church until moving back to Ringwood and here we pastored part time at the local Presbyterian Church. Now I attend Crossroads Fellowship in Wichita and I really enjoy my Sunday School Class and the Sunday morning worship. 

I've had such a good life. I can't think of anything I regret and I'm looking forward to many more good years in the future! I'm excited about this new chapter in my life. Getting married to Randy and making a home with him in Wichita. God has been so good to me and I am so thankful for all He has brought my way.

I try to live my life being
strong and courageous,
with dignity and grace,
and being kinder than necessary.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment