Monday, November 2, 2015

Forgiveness

Wouldn’t life be so much easier if this word was not around. Then we wouldn’t have to forgive those who hurt us. We wouldn’t have to ask for forgiveness from those we have hurt – which to me is often much harder than forgiving others…

I have made so many mistakes in my life.. Big ones. HUGE ones. But forgiveness is one that makes me stumble.

I can move along in my “Christian” walk – at a fairly quick pace. Then I run smack dab into the wall of forgiveness. In either giving it or asking for it.


Forgiveness
 
I’ve been quite stubborn about this at times. – Okay, most of the time.

I have no easy answer for it – other than I just have to tell myself to do it AND THEN DO IT.  Yep, sometimes I have to tell myself on a daily basis to forgive. In asking, I often do it – then try to go back to my old habit of living as if I didn’t. I really am a hopeless mess at times.

I’ve had many people to forgive over my lifetime – 62 years of it. BUT I also have 62 years of having to ask for forgiveness. {sigh}

But I know I can do it – because I have God to help me. I am so very thankful He knows my heart and He helps me daily to forgive and He often reminds me when I need to ask for forgiveness.

You are right, dear readers, forgiving does not mean you go back into the same relationship you had before. Sometimes those relationships aren’t healthy. BUT sometimes you go into a better relationship than what you had! 

God does that for us!
 








No comments:

Post a Comment