Thursday, November 5, 2015

Please Pray for My Pastor

It is absolutely no secret to you, my dear readers, how much my church means to me.

I moved here just over 4 years ago and when Randy passed away, many asked me if I would be going back to Oklahoma. My Dad is there. One of my son’s and his beautiful wife and 2 of the best grands on earth live there. My brother and his beautiful wife live there. 

BUT...
My church is here. And they have all created their own lives in Oklahoma. So, I need to create mine. And doing that around my church seems the best for me.


DSCN1375

We all know that The Church is not the building. (even though I love our church building.)

It’s the people! All the wonderful people that I go to church with. And the staff. I have had my share of different churches in many places and I can say that the staff at Cross Road is the best all around staff I have ever experienced.

Many churches have one personality that really stands out. Our staff melds together so well, it’s hard for me to imagine one without the other!

We have Linda, Doug and Kenny who work in the background and are the basis of the foundation.

Lathanyo  leads us in worship every Sunday. Inviting us to the Throne of God to Worship.

Audra works with early childhood and loves these young ones with a passion that is astounding.

Matt, one of my favorite people,  does such a great job with our youth.

Bob, affectionately known as PBob. Oh my goodness. What a wonderful job he does. It would take several people to fill his shoes!

Pastor Brad. This is the man that every week either holds me accountable, comforts me, or encourages me – sometimes he does all at one time! He breaks open God’s Word every week and speaks truth – he is the reason I’m writing this blog today, dear readers.

Pastor Brad, fortunately listened to his body and knew something wasn’t right, went to the ER and through a Heart Cath discovered he needed open heart surgery. THIS is why I’m writing, please keep Brad, his wife Robyn and their girls and grands in your prayers. His surgery will be Saturday and I want to ask each of you to pray with us for this man and for his medical team.

Thank you! God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment