Sunday, May 5, 2013

Prayer in Schools

I'm not writing this to change anyone's mind. I'm just publicly stating my opinion - for the first time. I've said this before privately to people - friends, family but never publicly. I'm bringing this up because I often see posts on facebook and twitter about legalizing prayer in schools.




If we were to go to the polls today to vote on allowing public prayer legally back into the schools - I would vote no.

I know things would be different if prayer and mandatory Bible reading had not been removed - but they were and our country has continued on a fast decline. 

This becomes one of the

"Would-a, Could-a, Should-a's"

of our country."

To view graphs of how quickly things have declined since the removal of both, go to this website: Removal of Prayer and Bible Study Graphs


Anyway, back to the reasoning behind my statement "I would vote no."  

With Oprah and others spreading a religious philosophy that seems to have become the norm we are living in times when Christianity has become just a word to many. Oprah touts on national television, in books, magazines and to anyone who will listen that "there are many ways to God." Jesus isn't the only way according to Oprah - but my Bible says it is. The population is buying into this. They are using Christian words with non-Christian philosophies.

So, if prayer and Bible reading were returned to the public school system, the teacher or leader could pray to anyone, could teach my child to pray to anyone. I personally don't want my child or grandchild exposed to an adult praying to Buddha, to Satan or to any other prophet, saint,  or mythical being. I want my children praying to the one true God with their mediator being Jesus Christ. - And besides, there will always be prayer in school - not school led but the prayers that come from within each Christ follower.



"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6 NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment