Monday, May 6, 2013

Plinky Blog Prompts

I am trying to discipline myself to blog more. I have found a couple of web sites that give "blog prompts." These hopefully will become a reminder for me to blog more regularly. 

While I don't plan on using a "blog prompt" everyday, it will come in handy to make my blog blocks go away(!) - I hope!  

One of them is Plinky Prompts  another is Bloggy Moms.  I'm sure if I do some more research I will come up with more.

Today's Plinky Prompt is:
What do you display on the walls of your home — photos, posters, artwork, nothing? How do you choose what to display? What mood are you trying to create?

This prompt immediately caught my attention because I only moved here two years ago. When I married The Husband we I moved into his "well established" house.

So I've been - and still am trying to blend our two "styles" into a home we are both comfortable in. 

My goal in my Oklahoma home was to offer "peace", comfort, an "at home" feeling to those who visited. My home was older so I leaned to the shabby chic decor. - Mostly because my "stuff" was "shabby!!" : )

When I moved here, one of The Husband's first comments was "You're gonna fill our house with a bunch of "old crap" aren't you?"  - trust me, he said this in the kindest way possible! He really doesn't mind what I do!

But I have kept that comment in mind and tried to be respectful of his style - as well as my own. Some things I've left "as is" - others I've changed slowly. So, in a way we have a mix of several styles. My ultimate goal is still for people to feel at home here. Relaxed, peaceful and to find comfort.

Dining/Kitchen Mantle

Living Room Mantle



Throughout the house.








No comments:

Post a Comment