Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Meal 10 - Slow Cooker Cooking

Fiesta Pot Roast
Pillsbury Slow Cooking

1 3lb beef roast
1 tsps pepper
1/2 tsps salt
2 tblsp oil
1 3/4 cups Old El Paso Thick 'n Chunky salsa
3 tsps ground cumin
2 tsps chili powder

1. Spray 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Sprinkle beef with 1/2 tsp of the pepper and salt.     Brown beef in oil before placing in slow cooker.

2. In small bowl, mix salsa, cumin, chili powder and remaining pepper. Pour over beef.

3. Cover, cook on low hear setting 10 hours or until beef is very tender.

Shred the beef and serve on tostada shells with guacamole, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and cheese.

I didn't have tostada shells so used Flat Bread. (Andru ate meat but didn't eat bread)

It was just Okay to us. Tasted good but not our favorite. I'm not a "packaged" salsa fan. I think if I would have done a homemade salsa for it, I would have liked it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment