Monday, May 30, 2011

Church






I have always been amazed at the number of churches I see while driving around neighborhoods or even in small towns.  We have a smorgasbord of denominations. Buildings from the very smallest to huge buildings that offer several services each week because there isn't room to hold only one service.  


Churches change with the times. When I was young every church (except churches that believe in no instruments) would have a piano. The larger churches would have organs, too.
And all had hymnals. Now most many churches have worship teams with all types of musical instruments. Some even have orchestras. We are offered the words to the songs on screens at the front of the auditorium or sanctuary.


Churches offer programs for every age group, for many interests. There are a plethora of Bible Colleges, Christian Colleges, Seminarys to provide training for church "workers." Ministers, Pastors, Preachers, Church Administrators, Missionaries and many attend a Christian College just for the wonderful Bible teaching they obtain.

If I would take a poll and ask everyone I know to give me a definition of church - I know I would get many different answers. Most would be correct, but none probably complete. I can't give you a complete picture of The Church in my simple blog.


But when it all comes down to it - the teaching - the training - the lifelong friendships - the fun - the fellowship - it all comes down to this:


The Church Being The Church
(picture borrowed from Brittany Bolt)


Loving one another in the name of Jesus
 

 

1 comment: