What causes writer’s block?
What causes artist’s block?
I guess everyone suffers from a “block” of something at some time or other.
My writer’s block started several months ago. Oh, I think up a GREAT blog idea and compose 1 or 2 sentences in my head but when I get in front of my computer BABAM – it’s gone.
My high school friend, Louanne is an artist and she gets the “block” too.
What is it that stops the creativity? I mean really, I’m 61 years old and I know I have tons of more stories in me than I’ve written. More advice, more should’a, could’a, would’a’s, just more of everything.
Here are some ideas of what I think can cause me to stop writing.
- I’m a Christian, if I don’t prepare myself with prayer and listening to that still small voice, I don’t have anything to say.
- Time. I put too many other activities before blogging.
- Coming up with content that is actually worth reading.
- Distractions. I let life get in the way too often.
- Becoming too critical of what I’ve written so I just never publish.
- Letting the criticism of others become too important to me.
What do you think?
What causes you to have writer’s block?
-or a block of any of your talents?