Sunday, March 16, 2014

Church


“From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.” Dr. Seuss in “One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.”

This is the way I feel when I think of all the places I’ve lived. I’ve lived “From there to here, from here to there!”

And in everyplace I’ve lived there have been funny things and sad things but more importantly, I have always had a church home. Then, when I’ve left to move to another place, I’ve had to leave that church home and go to a new one which has always been sad.

Well, the same again. I married Randy and Cross Road Church became my church home. We were married there – my memories start there. Randy’s  memories go back to the beginning of Cross Road.

Randy & Brenda's Wedding 509


   Our current building on the day of our wedding.







Now, we’re moving again. BUT – This time I’m taking the whole church family with me!!! Our church has a wonderful opportunity to move into a new building, a new area, a new neighborhood. I am so excited for this move.

But, I’m more excited for the pastors, the people who have been here from the beginning – they are the ones I’m the most excited for.

The fun thing? – some friends of mine attend the church that is moving into our old building!! How special is that?

Congratulations Pastor Brad, Pastor Bob, Pastor Boyce, Pastor Matt, Audra, Linda and everyone who has made Cross Road their church home. What a wonderful milestone for Cross Road Church.


DSCN4520 (2)


                            
                                   Our new building!








But we all know “the church” isn’t a building. It’s the people.

CRFBCHeader
Worship in the “old” building!


2 comments:

  1. Why the move, did you outgrow the space? The new building looks quite a bit bigger but that may be just photography. It's very nice. Think of all the good things and blessings that will and have happened in this new place. You're so right, the church has nothing to do with a building, it's the people and the spirit that inhabit. I found you guys in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found us!! We needed more room for parking and worship. We aren't gaining much in the way of classrooms but we will have lots of space to add on in the future if we choose to do that. The classroom space won't be missed for awhile because we do more with small groups meeting in homes than in a Sunday School setting.

      Delete