Saturday, February 28, 2015

"Take Me Deeper 2015"

I have been spending my time with estate sales, church commitments, my wonderful husband and I've been doing the "Take Me Deeper 2015" Project.  It seems as if blogging has taken a back seat. I’m hoping to improve on that (a promise I have made often) during 2015. I am scheduled to go to a Blog Conference in the fall and am looking forward to it. Until then, I will t.r.y. to get back into a blogging schedule.  

And to be really honest here – I have a new computer and the photo program is giving me FITS… But, you will be pleased to know, I haven’t thrown it.....  YET.

I thought I would share with you about "His Kingdom Come" and their project of “Take Me Deeper.”  His Kingdom Come is a website for people to come together and share their artwork while growing in their spiritual lives.

I am not an artist. If you remember a little over a year ago I tried my hand at Media Art – which I love. But it was kind of like playing the piano – some (ME)  are just not gifted in the arts!! But I did like the idea of Bible Journaling. With or without talent what I've discovered is that journaling a passage of scripture really helps me to meditate on it, to think about it more and so I find that I apply it more to my life.

So I’m going to share a bit with you to give you an idea of how fun and meaningful this is. (if you want to see some FABULOUS art work on these Bible verses take a look at His Kingdom Come website.) 

This is a Journaling Bible that I purchased on ebay. The margins are 2.5 inches wide.

Week 1, Romans 12:1-2:

Romans 12:1-2


Week 2, 2 Corinthians 12: 7-10:

2 Cor 12:7-10


Week 3, 2 Corinthians 3:18:

2 Corinthians 3:18


Week 4, Hebrews 10:19-23:

Hebrews 10:19-23


Week 5, Philippians 2:12-13:

Philippians 2:12-13


Week 6, John 3:16:

John 3:16


Week 7, Matthew 22:37:

Matthew 22: 37


Week 8, John 13:34-35:

John 13: 34


Week 9, 2 Corinthians 5:17:

2 Corinthians 5:17
2 Corinthians 5:17

I've finished the first two months of the year! Looking forward to the rest of the year.

A dear friend of mine is doing a wonderful thing with her Journaling Bible. She has picked a verse for each grandchild, highlighted it, then in the wide margin has added a current picture of the child with their hand print over the page. It is beautiful and what a wonderful legacy for her grands!!

So many ideas!! Hope you will get some ideas and try them yourself and share them in the comment section of my blog! 


Happy Journaling!!


No comments:

Post a Comment